Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I can see it.......

The light at the end of the kitchen tunnel ! Yesterday should have seen the fitters back to finish all the little bits but someone either Home Depot or the cabinet company didn't order the panel so it's next Wednesday now BUT we got the stove top and the sink in this weekend so I no longer have to cook on the BBQ and I have running water in the kitchen,life's little luxuries !

So now I just have the tiling to do and I do believe it could be finished by the end of November,just in time to start all that Christmas baking.Although I thought ahead and cooked my Christmas cake at the beginning of September and have been generously lacing it with rum ever since !

Not much else except this............ we got our notice to appear to write our citizenship test (better start reading the booklet because I only have 2 weeks to prepare!) It's probably not very exciting to anyone else but us. I'd put this to the back of my mind,we applied this time last year,we've been eligible for a while but whenever we had the money something else like snow tires or a leaking pipe took care of it,unfortunately.The notification which we received in February said 12 to 15 months so it was such a surprise to find that in the mail yesterday.Happy mail,got to like that so fingers crossed that soon we will be 4 Canadians in our house and not just one.

My Father in law turned 80 the other week so I'll leave you with the card I made for him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats and good luck on your test! I'm sure that you'll do great. Now... go and study!!! :P

Ash said...

Ruth that card is amazing!!

Wow, exciting about the citizenship test, what kind of things do they ask (all related to the history of Canada and stuff like that?). I'm sure you'll ace it.

I can't wait to see pictures of your completed kitchen!! soon enough I guess ;)