Monday, September 29, 2008

Behind schedule.......

Well due to the havoc that the tiles have caused we are behind schedule with the kitchen so I will be working my arse off this week painting like a mad woman because the floor has to go down this weekend.I got one coat on the ceiling this morning and after I've eaten something I can get another coat on.
Luckily a friend came over Saturday to help drink beer,sorry rip out this side of the kitchen and also helped us install new Sheetrock or whatever the stuff is called because it's called plasterboard from where I'm from !! As the tiles this side were glued on even better than the other and there was no way they were coming off without bringing the wall with it.

So above was my kitchen Saturday and below is my kitchen this morning.My lovely husband re plumbed in the sink on a makeshift stand because I really couldn't handle washing up in the bath for the next 3 weeks.Those wood window frames are taking more coats of primer than I thought but primer is my new friend and they will look so much nicer white than before.


No rest for the wicked so back to it........

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see the end result! It will be so worth it, you'll see. I can't wait to do the same here!

Ash said...

Keep up the good work Ruth!! It's going to look amazing in the end.