Tuesday, November 11, 2008

So,what's new?

Did I mention I have a new dishwasher and I love it ! It just gets better and better,it really,I mean really cleans stuff ....I have mugs that are very stained from all the tea/coffee we drink and they never came clean in the old one and even by hand I couldn't shift it.Well I take them out of the dishwasher and I did a double take........absolutely spotless,I'm telling you it's the little things !


What else ? Oh the kitchen,yep still working on that,this kitchen is nothing special but you'd think it would be all the bloody hard work it's taken! This past weekend we put on the baseboards and tomorrow my counter top is being fitted...........so that means this weekend we can get the sink plumbed in...............a big hooray to that one and get the hob top in,an even bigger hooray for that because it will mean no more BBQ until the spring.Then I can tile the back splash area and it will be DONE !!


Sunday we went to the open house at the high school Ad will be going to,luckily my friend came with us as interpreter !!I swear if one more person looks at me as if I'm sending my child to Hell when I tell them where he's going I'm going to lose it.It has good programmes and he seemed very excited about being able to pick drama as an option.I would like him to sit the exam for the enriched programme they offer......he has to be recommended for it by his teacher,is that the normal way ? I have no idea how it works here.He passes all the requirements they suggest but we are having teacher issues this year,of all the years to have them and I have a gut feeling I might have to fight for this one.Since my son isn't French enough it seems.......erm no,go figure,of course he's not but he performs better than a lot of the Francophone kids,grrrrrrrrrr things like this make a permenant trip on the 401 very appealing.


Scrapbooking......I actually did a page yesterday and I am going to start one today when I've finished cleaning out all the crap that's accumulated in the garage,so I can get my car in and made cookies.I can't wait to get this kitchen done so I can go back to proper cooking and baking.Anyway scrapbooking,I miss it, it's my stress relief,especially since I'm no longer running,working on a page I just forget everything else for that hour or two and that's good,it may be a little sad but it's good for me :)


Things like this are good too,I went out with the kids for the bus this morning and saw this on my car.....
I think it's cute and it made me laugh but you're welcome to feel otherwise !!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gotta love appliances that really work! LOL And I also think that little note is cute. It would have been better if not written in snow but... you can't have everything you want all the time they say. LOL :)

Ash said...

Oh, the little note in the snow is heart-warming, lucky you to get a little surprise like that!

I'm behind on commenting on your blog, I've been so busy, but looks like you've been busy too. Hope the kitchen's almost done!