We've gone up the way of the ski hill before but I didn't know about this pathway until Ad went with a friend labour day weekend.
It was the perfect day,sunny but not too hot.
I'm sure it will be even prettier in another week or so when all the trees are turning.
It was a quarry until a fatal accident in the 1930's when they stopped,so there are these sections of boulders to cross every now and then......

Since I had the camera I basically took a ton of pictures like this,only with different coloured trees.....
We opted for the extremely steep but shorter way to the lookout point....
It doesn't look that steep but trust me it was !The view from the top was wonderful,with such a clear day you could see for miles.
A nice man took our picture.......
We stopped to eat the lunch we'd brought with us and admire the view for a while and then we headed back down which took a fraction of the time it had taken to get up........of course !
My mum is arriving tonight for a couple of weeks,lots planned that basically includes roping her into making my sofa covers with me :) so I'll see how good a blogger I can be......don't hold your breath !!

2 comments:
The scenery is beautiful Ruth and the photo's. I definitly like this time of year with the colour change and slightly cooler weather. And it does look steep!! Enjoy your Mum's visit :)
all super shots, love your montage!
Post a Comment