Thursday, August 21, 2008

Creamy mushroom and prosciutto pasta.

This is what I cooked for dinner last night.Sorry no photo to accompany this post as as much as the sauce was yummy,my mushrooms were not at the freshest and the sauce was a grey rather than mushroomy in colour.

I'll credit where this recipe originally came from but I have altered it considerably, of course it's much better and I would say it serves 3 not the 4 it quotes.

To make it veggie I would add a pinch of salt and a good dollop of mustard.

Ingredients:

6 prosciutto slices (ripped into shreds)
2 tbsp Olive oil
1 medium onion (finely chopped)
2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
350g assorted mushrooms (cut into good size chunks) I normally use chestnut/portabello and shiake or some dried if I have them.
good pinch of chili flakes
200ml of vegetable stock
100ml cooking cream
1 tbsp chopped parsley
fresh parmesan to serve

1. In a non stick pan dry fry the prosciutto until crispy,set to one side.

2. In a heavy bottomed pan,heat the oil over a medium heat and cook the onions until softened slightly,add the mushrooms,garlic and chili and cook until the juices are out of the mushrooms.

3. Turn the heat to high and add the stock,bring to a boil and then reduce the heat and simmer until the sauce is reduced by half.

4. Add the prosciutto and cream and stir,warm through and then add the parsley.

5. Pour over pasta,I tend to use pappardelle for this one and top with the parmesan.


original recipe: Delicious magazine,November 2006

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This sounds delicious. I'll have to try it pretty soon. The girls don't like mushrooms but hey, it will just mean more for the adults! LOL