Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Potato & Goats Cheese Quiche

Last night I made this quiche it's so yummy,it's one of my favourites !
I cheat for the pastry.My grandma used to make the best pastry(she also made the best trifle and roast potatoes too) I used to help her make jam tarts and lemon curd tarts whenever I went to stay.She always said I would never make good pastry as my hands are too warm and she was right,I can't make pastry to save my life.So I buy the Tenderflake frozen deep pie cases and since there's 2 in the pack I make 2 quiches and freeze one.

Makes 1 quiche.

400g of new potatoes (cooked and cut into chunks)
250g sliced pancetta( cut into strips.Dry fry until crisp half and save the other half)
2tbsp chopped chives
125g goats cheese(crumbled into good size chunks)
3 eggs
200ml cooking cream.

1. Pre heat oven to 375 f.

2. Scatter the potatoes,cooked pancetta and chives into the pie case.Sprinkle over the cheese.

3. Beat the eggs and cheese together and season with salt and pepper.Pour over the the filling and arrange the remaining pancetta on the top.

4. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes until just set in the centre and the pancetta is crisp.Leave to cool slightly before serving.

Original recipe: Good Food magazine,August 2001.

No comments: