Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes 22 to 25 cookies.
1/3 cup Margarine
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1 egg beaten
1 tsp vanilla Extract
1 cup flour (For double chocolate cookies 3/4 cup flour 1/4 cup cocoa powder)
1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
1/4 tsp salt (I actually use just a good pinch)
3/4 cup chocolate chips (I like to use a mixture of white and milk but if I'm feeling generous I smash up a chocolate bar into chunks!)
1.Pre heat the oven to 375f.
2.Cream margarine and sugars together.
3.Add the egg and vanilla,beat until mixed.
4.Sift together flour,salt,bicarb of soda and add to the mixture.
5.Stir to combine and then add chocolate chips,stir again.
6.Place generous teaspoon size dollops on baking sheet,leaving room for spreading.
7.Bake for 7 to 9 minutes depending on your oven,they should be lightly browned but still soft.
8.Remove promptly to wire rack to cool.I leave them no more than a minute on the baking tray.
Sometimes I find that if I make the double chocolate the mixture it is slightly wetter and results in very flat cookies so I've learn to sift in a little more cocoa until it's more dough like,not too much though or they won't spread out at all ! My oven 8 minutes is good for my first batch and normally 7 is good for the second but that's just the way my oven works ! I'd check at 7 minutes to be on the safe side.I reduced the amount of salt as I could taste the salt with the amount suggested,I find a lot of North American recipes are heavy on the salt.

1 comment:
Mmmmm... cookies! I love baking cookies, and yes, I've found I need to watch mine really closely too. I've had much better luck with my finicky oven, ever since I put a thermometer in it though! The thermostat sucks!
Anyway, your photo is great. And now I'm craving cookies. Dang! :P
Post a Comment