Saturday was cool and cloudy but Sunday was glorious and sunny,shame we had to leave early,since this was the nicest day we'd had in a while.
I had been messing about with settings on my camera and changed the brightness of the screen but of course I forgot that and still took pictures allowing for the fact they appear darker than they are.
The result...... over exposed and blown out pictures,Oh well,excusing that and the fact I haven't had time to make a montage:
Stuart caught a big bass,which we released although would have made a tasty dinner....

This monster was lurking in the canoe.....

I swear spread out like that it was nearly as big as my hand,I have never seen a dock spider that big.I will never get in the canoe without scrutinising it thoroughly first !!
Our friends are American and being the 4TH of July we lit some fireworks and the kids had sparklers........

Sunday,Adam did a fair bit of this.......

Oliver preferred this.......

And found a friend....

I spent time taking pictures of these by the water's edge......
A rare picture of us taken by Oliver since it's well known I'd much rather be the other side of the camera.....
This was my favourite shot of the weekend,can't explain why but I love it....

Other stuff.
Last week I had to bite the bullet and made an appointment with the physio in town(I don't have insurance which was the biggest factor in putting this off)but my shoulder just wasn't getting better and I was just getting more and more frustrated.Which isn't fun for anyone around me,I can tell you !
That decision made I decided to stop running,ice it up when possible and managed 2 days of no driving (both are cars are manual and the gear changing aggravates it)and it was a little better.
Anyway had the first session so we'll see how it goes,got some exercises to do and he's not too keen on me running for a while........not sure I am able to obey that one but I'll try for a week and ask again !!
Out comes the bike.......and once Mum has gone back we can all bike down to swimming lessons so that's some exercise at least.
I so badly want to get those running shoes back on because I have missed it.I've been using the use the map my run site for keeping track of all my activities and I only just found the elevation feature when you map out a route......it's pretty cool.Well I think so !
Mum leaves Wednesday evening and then I thought I had 5 days before the next set of visitors arrived.Plans have changed it seems so that saves me doing a bit of furniture re-arranging and major cramming of stuff in cupboards.....Thanks Nic :) !!
OK well hopefully back later this week with a new layout...........I really want to get back to scrapping.

6 comments:
Looks like you had a great weekend and your pictures are gorgeous nonetheless! :) I like the picture of you two taken by your ds. Good luck with physio and I hope that you will be on the mend very soon. :)
You take the BEST photos Ruth! I must admit though that I'm partial to the one of you and your dh, taken by Ol :)
That's a great shot of you and your dh by Oliver! Hope your shoulder is feeling better soon. :)
I will have lots of lake pics next week- keep your fingers crossed that the rain disappears and the sun finally comes out. This is ridiculous..
i also love the photo of you 2 lovebirds and the dragonfly is beautiful and hey you got your 'ghetto lighting' shot, glad you had a good weekend despite the weather!
Man oh man you take gorgeous pictures ! They are all so crisp and clear !! Sorry to read that you won't be running for a while (even though I totally don't get why that makes you sad ;) ). I also can't believe your Mum has left already, time really flies.
Carine
Great photo's Ruth, and it looks like Oliver is going to follow in your footsteps with his great pic!!
Hope that arm is better soon and the physio doesn't leave to bigger dent in the wallet....
Looks like it was a chilled out weekend, just what I need and will hope to have next week.... See you Monday!!
Post a Comment