Adam's first day was actually yesterday but it was only half a day and I had baseball to blog about and take my mind off it.
We had a day together over the summer,where I dragged him along shopping for fabric,cushions that sort of thing.
Just to torture him !!
We went to Starbucks for a coffee and hot chocolate and I asked how he felt about High School,since he's been quiet on the subject.
He was fine.
The size of the school didn't bother him.
The close to an hour bus ride did a little.
The biggest issue was none of his friends were going.
I told him if you value the friendships you have you will find a way to continue them.
I also reminded him that he made friends easily,and whatever instincts he's had over making those friends to keep following them.
We left it at that.
So he came home yesterday.
I grilled him the moment he was in the door !
So far so good.
His maths teacher is his home room teacher,she seems nice.
He got his first choice of Drama as his option.
His class is all kids in enriched English(remember he's at French school)
The funny thing is there is a girl in his class,that has been in his class since grade 2......at least there was one friendly face !
The bus ride was not so bad...I'm not sure if that was because it wasn't as long or because he was sat with a group of girls :)
He said the school was crowded....... and 2 grades weren't even there.
Today is his first full day.
I am going to take myself out and run a load of errands so I don't think about it too much because I am sure I will pounce on him again as soon as he comes through the door around 5.30.
I'll probably be greeted with,it was OK.........I'll know OK means good and it will be like pulling teeth to get anymore info than that for now,I was lucky I got as much as I did yesterday.

I can only imagine the change that will take place from this photo from one 5 years from now when he leaves.
We'll see how the week plays out.

6 comments:
What a gorgeous photo! Wow, I can't believe you are the mum of a high school kid! lol. I'm glad it went well and that you managed to get some info from him. Yay! I hope the rest of his year goes "OK" too. :)
http://dascrapster.blogspot.com/2009/08/september-2009-asom.html
I know where you are coming from..... I know that our 2 wenee't going high school but still a big change. All we got was ok but in Michael's terms that really means not so good, he hasn't made freinds yet but early days!! Glad Ad got on ok!! Love the picture... Heartbreaker :)
Great photo Ruth. It's so incredible to think they're already at this stage, isn't it?
And a bit sad too..
Brilliant pic - I'd forgotten how much he looks like you. And you're right about friends. YOu and I live literally a whole world apart but I still think of you one of my greatest, most trusted, most loved best friends. I hope - and assume - that that will just stay the same forever!
wait til he graduates and goes off to college mum!!! ;) great photo adam! :)
Post a Comment