Tuesday, August 19, 2008

9 years ago

On this day 9 years ago we arrived in Canada.Sometimes it seems as if we have lived here a lot longer than that and other times it seems like only yesterday.I've survived 9 winters,I knew it would be cold but not that cold ! I will never forget feeling for the first time my nose being frozen on the inside.Still I'll take the cold and the snow over dull damp rainy English days anytime.


I made this layout at the NSD back in May,used the photo's from our estate agents brochure.We moved in and out of that house 3 years later on roughly the same day and then we bought our house here in Canada 5 years ago at about the same time too..................must be something about mid August!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I had no idea you were blogging until I clued in and clicked on your name from your comment on mine. :)
Lovely layout, I remember seeing it in person on NSD. Now post that one about your Mum you were working on the same day, it was lovely too. :)

Ash said...

Love that layout - so cool to have a glimpse into your life years ago. You would take months of snow over rain?!?! I guess rain every day is pretty depressing. I would love to visit the UK, I have such a romantic vision of it, but I suppose it's not the same feeling when you've grown up there. Which part of England are you from? My grandparents are from England - my dad's mom was from Ripley (they always talk about knowing Eric Clapton's mother, ha!)