So :
1 tin of sweetcorn(drained)
1/2 tsp chili flakes
3 large tomatoes(seeded and diced)
2 cloves garlic(finely chopped)
1 medium red onion
1 tin black beans(rinsed and drained)
3 tbsp coriander(chopped)
DRESSING:
2 tbsp Olive oil
2 tsp Honey
2 tbsp lime juice
1 tsp chipotle paste(or 2 tsps of tabasco chipotle)
salt and pepper.
1. Dry fry corn and chili in a non stick frying pan until looking charred ! Cool.
2. Once cool add to a large bowl with the tomatoes,garlic,onion,black beans and coriander.
3. Mix the all the dressing ingredients together and pour over the vegetables.Stir well.
Best left to stand for an hour.It's good the next day too.
I would like to point out this is not the original recipe but my (better !!) variation on it.
Original recipe: Food & Drink,Autumn 2005.

3 comments:
Mmmm... this sounds and looks very good! I will have to try it. Did you take the picture?
I like this idea of you posting recipes on your blog! Not only will you have them at your fingertips, but we can all find inspiration in them!
PS - that's pretty funny what you guys used to do on the Liam posters, lol, sounds like something my friends would have done to me back in the day...
Yes,I took the picture :)
I serve this with balsamic mushroom quesadillas.
I think it's a great idea to put up recipes - you can give me some new ideas :)
I also read about a way to print your blog into a book at www.blurb.com, so down the line, you could perhaps create a cool little book of your scrapbooking ideas and recipes.
And as for running...hmm..yes, must get around to thinking about doing that sometime ;)
Post a Comment