Friday, October 17, 2008

The room that started it all.

So the story goes we thought we needed to practise our renovating skills on something smaller before we tackled the kitchen,so we went with our family bathroom,which I've hated with a passion since we moved in. Mmmmmm,blood sweat and tears were poured over this room !

My bathroom is long and thin and dark and it's still waiting for a blind to be made and a new ceiling light which I can't find(I'm too fussy apparently)but it all worked out in the end,totally over budget and took twice as long as expected but we did it.

Goodbye ugly vanity unit which was really kitchen cabinets and hello lovely stone tile instead of nasty grey vinyl.................the only thing is the boys use this bathroom and I don't think they care one way or the other !

3 comments:

Ash said...

oooo, so nice! I see your amazing design skills translate into home decor as well :) Love what you did with such a small space. Can't wait to see what the kitchen looks like!

Claude said...

This turned out really nice!

I raise my hat to you, I can't do much more than paint walls (and even that I don't do very well!)

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, what a difference the lighter colour makes! I love it.