Thursday, January 15, 2009

Baby,it's cold outside....

Cold..............it's frigging frigid !!
When people back in England ask how cold it is,it's really hard to describe it,I've explained the nostril freezing experience but you cannot imagine it unless you've actually experienced it,that I'm sure of.I'm often asked well I'm sure you get used to it........erm NO,I will never get used to it !! I had to go out yesterday and it wasn't pleasant,I think they were saying 9 minutes for frostbite on exposed skin.Today's -25C,no wind chill but it's back tomorrow making it seem like -35C.....lovely.

At least I am home today,I lit the fire at 7 this morning and keep looking at the blue sky and pretending it's summer!

So apart from it being freezing yesterday it was also someones birthday.........

I don't normally have much luck with photo's that involve cake and candles,so I've tended to give up and enjoy the moment instead but last night I gave it another try and I like these,especially the last one with just one candle left.The candles were the only light in the room.

I added a few more pages to my Flickr gallery,older ones from 2007 that I found in a file !( I've been clearing up my photo files and backing up.)

This is one I never posted it's from September 07,I could have taken those shots every time he played what a difference to this year !

Off to chuck another log on the fire........

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the candle photos! I find if I put it on the highest ISO and shoot in RAW, I have better luck. But it seems you know what you're doing already. lol

A great layout... I love the simplicity of this. The asymmetric design gives the page a great energy.

And yes, it's COLD outside. Frozen nostrils. Frozen eyelashes. It's sooooooo cold! Brrrrrrrr...

Susan Mitchell said...

Love your new header - makes the snow look so lovely - pity it has to be so f-f-f-freezing.

And a belated Happy Birthday to Stuart - great birthday pics too :)

Ash said...

Those are really nice birthday photos! I usually increased the ISO as well for those types of pictures, but they're normally blurry. I haven't mastered my camera yet!

I hate the cold weather too, I can't wait for it to be at least more bareable, like -15 or -10 would be so much better.