....I love lots of things ! but I'm beginning to love Mondays,it seems to be a day I get so much done in a small amount of time.
Scrapbooking,I'm on a roll finished another page this weekend.I had a few weeks where I created nothing but it wasn't down to lack of inspiration or anything like that.My problem was quite the opposite,sometimes I have such a huge pile of photo's and so many idea's I just don't know where to start! Not wow,lightening bolt idea's just boring simple ideas but it's do I do that with these photo's or that batch there !!Anyway I'm working my way through photo's from the summer but I'm also trying to make some pages from my eldest's younger days because his albums are seriously lacking in content,I'm embarrassed to say,so I'd better do something about it.
I did this one at the end of December but it's only recently been photographed so it's classed as 2009 in my eyes.Had these photo's printed since September,and had a layout sketched out from then too but ended up changing it all completely,super simple one.
I'm going to mention my talented hardworking friend Susan who's work is featured on the cover of a new magazine called Stuffed by Stampinton . Reading about that this week was a nice relief after hearing about about 2 Scrapbooking magazines closing.One of which was Simple Scrapbooks,I can't say I bought every issue but I can say it was the first magazine I bought when I'd been toying with the idea of scrapbooking.It was a special inspiration issue and I remember a section in their showing contributors idea/sketch books and thinking,hey I have one of those I'm not complete anal after all,there are others too! I'm glad I had the opportunity to have a few layouts published with them and I really hope that a little of their philosophy can continue within the pages of CK.
Scrapbooking,I'm on a roll finished another page this weekend.I had a few weeks where I created nothing but it wasn't down to lack of inspiration or anything like that.My problem was quite the opposite,sometimes I have such a huge pile of photo's and so many idea's I just don't know where to start! Not wow,lightening bolt idea's just boring simple ideas but it's do I do that with these photo's or that batch there !!Anyway I'm working my way through photo's from the summer but I'm also trying to make some pages from my eldest's younger days because his albums are seriously lacking in content,I'm embarrassed to say,so I'd better do something about it.
I'm going to mention my talented hardworking friend Susan who's work is featured on the cover of a new magazine called Stuffed by Stampinton . Reading about that this week was a nice relief after hearing about about 2 Scrapbooking magazines closing.One of which was Simple Scrapbooks,I can't say I bought every issue but I can say it was the first magazine I bought when I'd been toying with the idea of scrapbooking.It was a special inspiration issue and I remember a section in their showing contributors idea/sketch books and thinking,hey I have one of those I'm not complete anal after all,there are others too! I'm glad I had the opportunity to have a few layouts published with them and I really hope that a little of their philosophy can continue within the pages of CK.

2 comments:
oh yes i remember you doing this one, i just love that yellow, even though i know you don't want either one of their uniforms to be yellow again! ;)
I love this LO, Ruth. It's great to see your pages here. :)
And yes, Simple reached so many scrappers for many different reasons. I'll miss the magazine.
Post a Comment