Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Ow ! Ow ! Ow !

I ache,not as much as I thought I would but it's a good ache ever if even walking is hurting this morning !

I signed myself back up for a couple of classes in the community center,it sounds a bit lame and when I first took these classes 4 years ago I thought they probably would be too but Natalie does the best muscle conditioning/fitness/yoga classes I have ever taken( and I've taken a quite few over the years) I like that she does the whole class with you so is left with sweat dripping off her nose too !

I hadn't exercised for 3 months. I hadn't been to one of Nat's classes for probably 12 months.To be honest,I loved them they worked but I got a little bored with them,sure she'd mix things up but after 3 years I'd had enough and that's when I decided to try running.This year I did better than last but come the beginning of Novemebr when the weather took a turn for the worse and I decided it was just too cold to run outside,that was it on the exercise front for me. I don't have the commitment (or is it stupidity) that the old guy who lives a few streets away does,out side everyday rain,snow or shine doing his daily run.

My mind and body needed the work out and I knew I couldn't wait another 7/8/9/10 weeks until it was good enough to hit the tarmac again.I just need to stick with this because I know how easy I can talk myself out of not going,between the boys getting on the bus at 7.30 and the class at 9 I can find a whole range of excuses not to go,other things that need to be done !

So tomorrow I will drag my still aching body back again for more torture but by 10.00 when it's over I'll be glad I did.That is until I try and get out of bed Friday morning !!

A post with no picture...........I'll be back friday with a layout :)

2 comments:

rocklady said...

so how is it going now that you've been going for a few days ruth. just think of how good you'll look in your bikini by the summer!

Anonymous said...

Good for you for going to this class... sounds like an AWESOME one! :)

I was sick for the first three weeks of February, but I am determined to get back into the groove. I've been back at the gym a few times, but I'm still not 100% yet. *sigh*