Friday, June 5, 2009

Friday Stuff !

The end of another week,that's flown by,again.
Not a lot of very interesting stuff just general day to day happenings.

Still enjoying the running and made more progress this week :) I was all intent on going back and running my original 5KM route this morning to see if I was running it any faster but I completely forgot Ad had an appointment downtown this morning.So that idea will have to wait until next week.

Ad has finished all his ministry exams and feels quite confident about them which is good.He is definitely counting down the days left until the end of the school year,he loves school but I know he will be glad when this year is over.
No baseball this week for Ad but Ol got a soccer game in and it wasn't raining......yeah ! Took a ton of photo's but already edited them down and sorted out a layout......I am trying to keep on top of my photos this summer.

The photo a day challenge has been keeping me busy this week........it's fun though.

Good stuff planned for the weekend,hoping to get some relaxing family time and it starts with the schools annual family BBQ tonight,which is always fun.

A couple of new layouts,my first 2 for June.
I ended up making 8 layouts in May (including 3 older pages for Ad's younger years album) which brings my total to 42 for the year.May wasn't a very scrappy month for me.

I had this one sitting on my desk for a while,just couldn't find the right papers.Then the other afternoon I decided I just had to do and I finished it up really quick !


It's very loosely based on this sketch I did last year. ...it strayed as it went along.

This one is something I rarely do and when I do it's normally part of a challenge.It's a scrap lift of Nathalie's page I saw a week or so ago on her blog.I really liked her simple design but I also knew I had a similar picture and this was the nudge I needed to scrap it.


This was another quick page,love it when that happens which isn't too often !

Have a good weekend I'll be back Monday,as usual :)

5 comments:

famille1999 said...

It feels weird when you have been so busy all week that you haven't seen it go by but at the same time you can't pinpoint exactly why! LOL I just love your two new pages! I love the bright colors of your crocus one and I have to say that your lift is even better than the orginal! :) I'm happy that I could inspire you this awesome page. Aren't our dhs cute?! =)

I hope that you have a wonderful weekend!=)

JulieS said...

Well, well, move over Phil! I think we have the new perfect husband award to give out today...
So sweet!

Love both your pages, your flower one is you with a twist - we don't often see crooked photos and that pinky/purple color. It's just gorgeous. And your Nath lift is wonderful, really lets the photo and journaling stand out.

Unknown said...

awesome pages ruth, especially the i love you one!!! great lift of a beautiful original.

Ann Costen said...

Love your pages! They are both a bit different than your usual (the first one with tilted pics and the second one with that cluster of embellies on the side) yet they are still totally you :)

Anonymous said...

I'm with Julie on this one !!! It's perfect Stuart !! I will have to tell Phil, not sure he'll be too impressed but too damn bad ! LOL

What a great page, totally love it ! As for your flower page, one of my top 10 I think, totally love it :)

Carine