Friday and Saturday we spent most of the time outside,raking leaves,clearing garden beds(well that was my job)taking down the tempo and generally clearing up everything that said winter ! It felt good to be outside after being cooped up for all those months,I hate winter and cannot get into that whole embrace it thing,I just can't,so as a result I hibernate !
We picked the best two days too as yesterday was cold,the Easter bunny was very chilly setting out those eggs early yesterday morning.The boys came back in for hats but refused gloves,they were just thrilled to pose for me !
We took a walk on one of the trails near the house and were out about an hour and that was long enough.I didn't even take my camera as I knew I didn't want to take my gloves off even though I saw quite a few cool images.We had what will be our last roast dinner until Thanksgiving,slow cooked shoulder of lamb and it was delicious,mmmmmm,followed by cheesecake,which the boys insisted they put mini eggs on....
Excuse the image,it was dark.Just like chocolate chip cookies everyone has their favourite cheesecake recipe but I stand by this one from an older issue of the LCBO's food and drink magazine.I've used other's but nothing beats this one in my book and I've never had a disappointed dinner guest.I even had time to do a page,another Halloween one,that's it now they are all done from last year.I sorted and organised my paper again too.
Still keeping up and enjoying my photo a day challenge with Patti,we've decided to set each other a challenge for the weekends left in April.
The boys are still off school so today I'll tackle one of the last 2 flower beds(one's still under 3 foot of snow,the last remaining clump left) and get everyone outside for more fresh air.
I changed my banner,still using the tree next door with it's growing buds since all my bulbs are still under snow.

7 comments:
What great photos! That cake looks amazing, and the eggs are the perfect touch for Easter. Glad that you got a lot of things done this weekend. I love this time of the year.
brrrr...the boys look cold!mmmmmm, i wonder if we have the same recipe for the cheesecake, mine certainly looks different since i put the cherry pie filling on top with all it's gooiness, but everyone just loves it. great shot of your un-found egg, i have not uploaded mine yet, later...
patti
Glad you posted the cheesecake recipe as I think mine is packed away!! I was just looking at your great photo's Ruth, I don't know how you always manage to get a great shot everytime! And I love the Scrap pages from the previous post even though you didn't!!
The boys are adorable... and yes, it was cold here too. We did our egg hunt inside. lol
Your cheesecake looks amazing! :D
You were the first one to make a comment on my blog and I was very pleased about it.I still have to work on it (I'm learning at the same time)It will just take a little more time.
Thanks Ruth.
mmmmm, that cake looks delicious! I've never made cheesecake but it's one of my favorite food groups ;) I might try that recipe!
gorgeous cake, love the egg border! :D
Post a Comment