Monday, April 20, 2009

Monday,Monday,Monday !

It's here again,my favourite day of the week.

So the weekend,it was supposed to rain all day Saturday so we ran some errands in the morning but by the time we were home the sun was out,so I spent it pottering around doing this,that,everything and nothing.
Sunday morning was chilly,we spent it watching try outs for baseball but again by the time we were home it was beautiful. I spent all Sunday afternoon in the garden,raking,trimming,weeding.........I love gardening at this time of year,it's not too hot and there are no nasty bugs !

My second autumn in this house my mum and I planted many,many bulbs....I picked crocuses,narcissus,daffodils, all white flowering bulbs and I planted them all over.Well not one of them ever appeared because the nasty squirrels got to them first.So I never bothered planting anymore, however much I love spring flowers because it just seemed a waste of time and money.Why I am I telling this little story .............because look at what I found while raking my front lawn........

One solitary crocus !!
Now I know that my gain is somebody else's loss here because some pesky squirrel has raided a garden and buried this in mine but it was one of those little things moments,it just made me happy.....Stuart didn't seem quite as impressed as me as I made him come and see what I'd found while grabbing my camera !!

No scrapping for me, the nearest I came to anything scrap related was my friskars garden tools !! I do want to try and do the AC blog challenge this week because I have photo's from labour day weekend that have been printed since last October but still not used,so it would be perfect. I have to finish my taxes first though :)

OK I've decided this is the week I have to get my butt kicked into gear over my fitness,especially after eating so much food on Saturday night....so much in fact it was afternoon Sunday before I even felt like eating again ! So I am about to head out for my first run this year......it's going to be hard,it's still a little chilly out there.

Later.......

3 comments:

Barb said...

Hope you enjoyed the run! :)
It's sunny and cold here too.

And yes, I'm aiming to do the AC challeng this week too. I think I'm going to scrap some photos from our visit with Nathalie's family.

Mary-Ann said...

I have got to start running today as well - boo hiss

rocklady said...

that would have been a happy moment for me too ruth! the only spring bulbs that come back every year here are my irises and 1 narcissis and i have planted plenty of crocuses, hyacinths and daffodils! ;)