We are very lucky that they let us use it when they aren't there and because of that we always like to make sure we help contribute in some way while we are there.
This time we spent most of Saturday in between doing other things like walking and fishing and taking 350 odd photo's(that would be me !) we burnt a whole pile of dead branches left over from last year and all the leaves I raked up from this year.
So it's neat and tidy down by the lake for them when they next go.
Not much else to say so I'll fill this post with photo's from the weekend.
This one's for Julie and Patti.......a dandelion :)

These are the ones,according to my boys,that grow into the giant seed heads like these
We saw a snake.......

He was about a meter long.
I spent this morning sorting through all the pictures and have already planned my layout to include these.........(should click bigger)

I can't believe my boys went in the lake.......it was warm in the afternoon but to me the lake was still on the cool side,toes in only.Not to them,they mainly paddled but Ad swam to the diving rock so he could claim he was the first to do it.
I took this one of the moon Saturday night,I was thinking of Julie's challenge for the next day which was 'reflection' and thinking if I stayed up until midnight something like this could be my shot......

........but after all the activities of the day I was too tired and called it a night.

6 comments:
Love the pictures Ruth, likt the moon picture.... I can't believe that the boys went in the lake already!! Would need to be at least 30+ degrees to get me in!! :)
Wow, I was worried the weather would have put a damper on your weekend but looks like you had a fab time. Can't believe those boys were in the water! Love your moon shot and I think it would have qualified quite nicely, whether you stayed up til midnight or not. And the snake - YIKES! mimi loves your photos, but not that one!
Seriously, how do you get all of your photos to look professional and amazing?! You really have an eye for detail - I love looking at them all. As I was writing on Julie's blog, I'm going to have to borrow some photo ideas from you :)
I was at a cottage on the weekend as well, but we couldn't go out much because the bugs were so bad! Glad to see that you had so much fun.
love the snake and moon shots, glad you had fun and unless the water went up to 83 degrees, i wouldn't have been in there either!!! :) but i'm sure oliver was shivering up a storm when he got out! ;)
How come you see snakes and moons and stuff at the weekend and I just get to go to the park and see dog poo bags????
Oh wow, gorgeous photos! I love them all... you're an amazing photographer, Ruth! :)
Post a Comment