Friday, June 26, 2009

The week went where ?

I really don't know :)

  • Adam's graduation ceremony.
  • Last day of school celebrations.
  • A midweek day off for Stuart thanks to St. Jean Baptiste which we used as a celebration for Adam finishing Elementary school so we went to see 'UP' which I really enjoyed and then home for a BBQ.
  • The start of swimming lessons.
  • Soccer.
  • Birthday parties/sleepovers.
  • All the other stuff that needs to be done !

Tomorrow hopefully Mum and I are going to have a day to ourselves so we might venture back to our old shopping ground of Westmount/NDG.

I made this page a week or so ago.......


I've been running for 6 weeks now and I miss it if I go for longer than 2 days without a run.Although I've aggravated my shoulder again,somehow,which means I'm not able to run as far as it gets sore towards the end.I think I should really have a week of cycling to give it a rest but I just really like the feeling of running over cycling !
I'm addicted ,it's insane :)
I've knocked nearly 2 minutes off my initial 5km run and I can definitely feel a difference in my general fitness level,which was really my main goal although the added bonus of a perkier bum can't be smirked at :)

I've set myself 2 goals.
One is to run the Terry Fox 5KM our town holds in September.
Two,manage a 7.5KM loop of my town,which is very up and down,focusing on the ups on the way home since I live at the top of a hill!! by Thanksgiving.

I've decided that a lot of this running business is mental ! I am now up to 6.5 KM and adding a little extra every run.I have plotted out a smaller 5Km loop through the town but in my head that still seems further than the area I run now,maybe because at the moment I run so far then turn back on myself to come home......Anyway physically I should be able to do it,it's the long uphill run home that's scaring me ! So Monday I'm going to try it.....the worse that can happen is I have to walk it !

Have a good weekend and I'll try to be better blogger next week.

6 comments:

JulieS said...

LOVE your layout, it's the return of the perfect Ruth stars! I'm very impressed with your commitment to running, wish I could feel remotely excited about any form of exercise. Good luck on Monday!

Barb said...

Ruth, I love your page... it's a great photo of your iPod and your shoes. lol

As for the running, I am sooooooooo happy for you. Your progress sounds amazing, and your goals sound like they'll keep you motivated and challenged. YAY you! :)

rocklady said...

love your lo, especially that arrow with the date on it, super colors too, good luck monday! :)

Ash said...

Wow, great layout, and really cute iPod too :) Good for you for being so dedicated to running and setting those goals. Taking a week to cycle sounds smart to protect your shoulder if that's what your body is telling you.

Hope your mum is having a good visit! Do you try to get her to go running with you? ;)

Nic said...

Great page Ruth!
Glad you have found something you enjoy doing! Keep up the good work.... when your shoulder is better that is.
I just wish I could stay motivated.... Maybe you can help when I get over there! Good luck on Monday ;)

Ann Costen said...

Man, I wish I had your discipline when it comes to exercise. Sigh. Can you please come over here and haul my butt out of the house for some exercise? And while you're here, also teach me how to make those perfectly polished layouts that I can never seem to pull off. Thanks ;)