She tagged me to list 15 songs or albums which are significant to me in some way.
I've often thought about this. A lot depends on the mood you're in at the time but I also think there are just some albums or songs you just never tired of the ones you can play whenever or over and over and never grow sick of or songs that just bring memories flooding back.
This was hard,I could of listed 50,I did have to narrow it down from 20.Had to give the chop to Coldplay,Duran Duran,The Pixies,Pulp and The Wonder Stuff.I love music,you can take away my TV with pleasure but not my music ! I tried to list them in some sort of order of preference to the best of my ability but without a doubt number one is number one for sure.
Also,because I obviously have nothing better to do with my time I've linked them(either You Tube or Last FM ) as best can by their numbers.
So if about to be marooned on an island I would fill my ipod up with these for memories and just because........
#15..... Only by the night by Kings of Leon It's 15 because it's relatively new but I have played this so much and I can listen to it over and over and over.He has a very distinctive voice that I think you either love or hate........I love it,it's a just because one !
#14..... Say Hello,Wave Good bye by Soft Cell Reminds me of being in the grungy common room at Kings Lynn Tech and the best Soft Cell song, forget the over played Tainted Love !
#13 ...... Ring of Fire by Johnny Cash This and Jackson reminds me of my dad.I'd skip around the living room to this one :)
#12..... Good riddance(Time of your life) by Green Day My favourite Green Day song,this and the next track reminds me of my times with my friend Nichole.
#11........ Bullet with Butterfly Wings by Smashing Pumpkins As mentioned above I got into this band by a friend and reminds me of Sheffield.Just love the very start of this and was really surprised and pleased when it was used as the theme music for the Whale Wars series last fall. Best played very loud.
#10..... Nevermind by Nirvana Saturday nights while at University we'd go to this dive of a club and without fail they'd play something from this album and the whole dance floor(I use the term dance in it's loosest form )would ignite.I can't even remember the name of the club and that probably says something about the state I was in while there !!
#9..... Eyes Open by Snow patrol Another CD I can play repeatedly and never tire of.Worth it just for 'Set fire to the third bar' with Martha Wainwright,beautiful.
#8...... Protection by Massive Attack I'm not a big fan of dance/electro/bass stuff.That said I love massive Attack and got into them through an Ex.This track has the voice of Tracy Thorn(Everything but the girl) and for some reason reminds me more of my college friend Carol than the Ex,thank God !
#7 ..... Vs by Pearl Jam This is one of the few albums that we have 2 copies of since both Stuart and I owned it.I love Eddie Vedders voice.It was a hard choice between this and 'Ten' because I love Once and Alive but this won because I could listen to Daughter over and over again.
#6.....People by Hothouse flowers This album on vinyl got played to death.This came out at a time when I was coming out of my Goth phase into a hippy/folky phase before the Grungy phrase.So reminds me of Yarmouth Art college.
#5 ..... Running up that Hill by Placebo I love Kate Bush and I'm not a huge fan of covers but I thought this was amazing from the very first time I heard it. Mary-Ann you'll probably hate it :)
#4..... Each man Kills the Thing he Loves by Gavin Friday Hugely underrated singer/songwriter formerly of the weirdly wonderful Virgin Prunes.Played this to death on vinyl too and didn't find a CD version until I came to Montreal.
#3.....Song to the siren by This Mortal coil or music to slit your wrists too as Stuart would say.I first heard this on the Annie Nightingale Sunday evening radio show when I was about 15/16 and was just enthralled.I recently bought a few of my fave This Mortal Coils songs from itunes since all my stuff by them is on vinyl.
#2..... Skin and Bones by Foo Fighters Is it the best FF album.....NO! but it has my favourite Foo song ever (Everlong) on it and they do acoustic rather well :)
#1..... The Joshua Tree by U2 My vinyl copy of this is scratched to pieces and this was my first ever CD I bought.I loved this album,from start to finish,it's just classic stuff.It came out while I was still at high school.Bono at his hottest too :)
A quick google search brought me up the images and I think I have a new layout practically done !I'm not going to tag anyone else but if you're stuck for a blog post this is as good a start as any and if you do,let me know here in the comments so I can check it out.

5 comments:
You did this much better than me and I could hve picked half of these for you. I knew what your number one was going to be - always reminds me of you. Gonna give some of them a listen later.
mmm does that make me predictable :)
nope - it makes you loyal to your bands!
and yes I do hate that Kate Bush cover.
I knew you would........I think it's fabulous !
omg, you have way too much time on your hands missy! ;) i never even heard of most of them, but then again, i probably heard the song but never knew the title! way too much trouble so don't tag me okay! :)
Post a Comment