Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding

Mmmm,this is a great dessert,it would be good for brunch too.
Quick and easy too.
As a kid I never liked bread and butter pudding because I didn't like raisins very much and I thought it was stodgy ! This is much lighter.Stuart decided to make it after seeing it in my copy of this months Canadian living.We added more bread,cooked it as a whole rather than individuals and used chocolate sauce rather than caramel.As I never seem to make anything as it states ! I do have a picture today but it's not the best.........my battery died after 2 shots obviously I was oblivious to the flashing battery symbol !

Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding

Serves 8 to 10

3 large eggs
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp nutmeg

2 1/2 cups milk
1/2 cup raisins
2 tbsp butter(melted optional,we did us it!)

8 slices of Sun-Maid Raisin Bread cut into cubes

Heat the oven to 350 F (180 C)
Combine eggs,sugar,vanilla,salt and nutmeg.
Stir in the bread cubes.
Let stand for at least 5 minutes or refrigerate over night (Really I would say it needs at ;east an hour to soak)
Pour into a,7x9inch ovenproof dish,that will fit inside a roasting pan.Add hot tap water to the baking pan until it comes half way up the sides of the dish.
Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.

Serve warm or at room temperature.

I served this warm with chocolate sauce(chocolate chips melted with a little cream)

I also have something similar with croissants and chocolate......mmm might have to try and find that one too :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmmmm, sounds good, i don't like raisins either, so this is right up my alley!

patti

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm... that sounds delish! And the photo is gorgeous. You should make a scrapbook of recipes. :)