Monday, March 23, 2009

and Monday went where ?

I have no idea.........boys had a ped day but both ended up at friends houses so I still had the house to myself but somehow got nothing really accomplished.Looks like today could well be heading the same way too.........Oh well !!

I've been doing more sorting and tidying.

Warning......Reminiscing ahead.........

I'm disappointed though because you know when you're sure you've put something somewhere and then it isn't there ? Well I was sorting through old stuff from my Art college/Uni days.I've dumped tonnes of stuff from this era,most of it before we moved overseas because I just wasn't sure I would have the room for it.Turns out I always have and I'm sorry now that so much of it is gone.
Anyway I remember being set this project about colour.Mixing the colour from the primaries in gouache and the effects of what a little or a lot of one colour or the addition of black and white and what it could do.Well it produced pages and pages of tiny colour charts in a sketch book.We then had to pick our favourite colours,re mix them,paint them up large(so we could cut them up into small pieces) and the mix and match them with each other.Bare with me I'm getting to the point :) So I had all these cool colour combo's in sets in my book and I thought it would be fun to look at them now,see if they were still inspirational...............well I can't find that book and I know it was one of the few sketchbooks I kept because I put a lot of time into that project.
Bugger !
I did find these 2 things tucked away,not sure why I kept this one,it was part of a collection at college but it never made the final cut.......

My God,could that woman be any thinner or taller !! I always drew these tall,long limbed skinny women,used to make my dad laugh.

This one too,I think this was my Tudor underwear/Sinead O'Connor phase........

I'm not at all sure why I kept this one either?

I have one other place the missing sketchbook could be but that's tucked away in the garage and I'm not tackling anything in there until our annual spring garage clean out !!

Not much else to report,it's glorious and sunny but cold,I so want to be done with my winter coat !

Off to help at the library......

5 comments:

JJ Sobey said...

I always draw my costume sketches with no hair - I can't make it look right, LOL!

Anonymous said...

Cool sketches Ruth! This gives me a better understanding of your sense of style. :)

Unknown said...

Awesome sketches Ruth! I love seeing what you did in school- very creative and lots of style too!

Mary-Ann said...

I think you always thought of me when you were drawing those women!

Unknown said...

yes i look forward to your monday post every week and it was not there this week, grrr!
get a load of those hands and feet!!! i kept a whole bunch of laura's sketches from lasalle college somewhere too that she wanted to throw away. i hope one day she will want them back! what a great souvenir ruth!