Thursday, May 28, 2009

The other weekend

This weeks flying by.
I got to watch Ol's first soccer game of the season last night in the pouring rain and it was absolutely tipping it down,I'm being polite.The kids didn't seem to mind one bit,even though they were drenched.He had a blast and is totally into it.

So the other weekend,Victoria day long weekend,we went to our friends cottage in Ontario.
It was a weird weather weekend,very windy(not good for taking flower pictures !) and cold but the sun did show up a few times.
I was preparing the photo's for a layout and thought I'd post them as the montage I'm using........it should click bigger,I hope.

Lots to see although I was disappointed I didn't see one bullfrog.

  • We did see Oriole's savouring the apple blossom.
  • A herons nest which I forgot to include a picture of !
  • Turtles, Water lilies and Trillium's.
  • A nesting duck.........which we must have walked past a dozen times before we spotted her.
  • Hummingbirds......which turned up within minutes of hanging the feeder.

Back tomorrow with a couple of layouts since it's Friday and all that!

2 comments:

rocklady said...

who cares about bullfrogs when you saw a baltimore oriole!!! i had a slice of orange out for them but so far no bites, only a very dried out piece of orange! great montage and the hummer is fantastic ruth!

Ruth said...

I've only seen them a couple of time flitting around the garden here but at the cottage they were all over the apple blossom........Stuart was the one obsessed with getting a picture !!!