Friday, May 8, 2009

Ramblings and layouts

Another week coming to an end and it looks like being a rainy one this weekend. I'd planned a few outdoors things to do,Oh well I can hope they are wrong.So whats on the agenda for us this weekend ?

  • Registration for the pool......hope it's not the 3 hour disaster it was last year !
  • Some yard work
  • A walk
  • Maybe some scrapping ?
  • Good bottle of wine..................it is Mothers day this weekend after all !
  • BBQing...the rain never stops us doing that !

I'm sitting here and the 2 chipmunks we have,who live on either side of the garden are having a really vicious scrapping session and not the paper and scissors kind..............it's getting ugly !

OK onto scrap stuff.
In April I created 10 pages including 1 older photo's page so that brings my total this year to 34.

When Patti and I did our photo a day challenge we also agreed to make a layout from it within the following week......Patti made her page last weekend and I'm a day late but it's here now......

I based it along the lines of my October and December pages except I printed the photo's a little bigger than I would have liked and it's purple circle under my yellow chipboard flower.

This one I made last weekend......

The photo's are from last fall,Voyager provincial park just over the border in Ontario.For the last 3 years we've been taking a walk here in the Autumn,we were a bit late this year but it was still pretty.



Thats all I have,back next week :)

6 comments:

rocklady said...

love that you used purple on your lo, guess great minds think alike, b/c i was just working on a lo downstairs with purple/green too! ;) love your end result and your fall one is so warm and fun! :)

Nathalie (famille1999) said...

Two gorgeous pages! I love your monthly pages for the photo-a-day challenges!

I just got my hands on my favorite rosé wine (can only get it at this time of the year, so I buy a few to get me through the summer LOL) so I guess I'll be able to celebrate Mother's Day on the weekend too! I'll be thinking of you! :)

Josée said...

One word....Perfect!!

Stacey said...

Ruth I absolutely love your fall layout.

Ann Costen said...

I'm repeating myself once again but man do I ever LOVE your style!!! Gorgeous layouts and I don't think the pictures are too big at all :) Are they all garden pics?

Barb said...

Oh Ruth, your pages are breathtaking. I love the design of your April page... and the fall one is gorgeous too. Such strong lines and yet so pretty... your work is so inspiring.